Friday, August 04, 2006

Twas the Night Before

And here I sit, drinking tea since the coffee ran out and wondering what I leave undone.

T Minus ~ 12 hours. Delta flies nonstop to Moscow. Which, depending on your view, may be advantageous. Downside: No layover in Amsterdam. Upside: I have an aisle seat.

I am very conscious of what I pack. I don't want to show up with more clothes than my whole family owns. Jeans, tshirts, a suit, some girly clothes, workout gear for cross-country skiing, running, and the biking club Vladimir supposedly has, warm clothes (whatever they are) and a little black dress so I can crash embassy parties.

There are 6 mosquito bites on my arm and 2 on my toe.
Yesterday, the dog peed on my brand-new, beautiful, red Swiss Army luggage.
My only good jeans are somewhere in the 25 sealed moving boxes decorating the living room.

It is customary to arrive with small gifts when you visit someone. So if you go over for dinner, bring flowers or chocolates. I need something nice to give my family when I get there. I have an MP3 player for my host brother, a small cologne for dad, but I don't know what to get mom yet. (the Victoria's Secret Pink dog?)

The atomic clock at the Naval Observatory says it's late. Time to crash. Love you all, and thanks for the nonstop phone calls between 6 PM and midnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home