Monday, March 05, 2007

Those Hooligans

They did it again. I swear, every time I reach a point in this job where I want to pull my hair out, my students set me right again. I've been sitting here trying to grade everyone's midterms, which I should have finished over the weekend. At the height of my exasperation, I learned one of my old students was downstairs looking for me. I stomped down the stairs, resenting the interruption to the moment I was having with my cup of coffee.

Thursday is "International Women's Day". Kind of like mother's day, but for all women. Like Valentine's Day, there's a run on sales of flowers and chocolate. On Wednesday, her college is having some sort of celebration/performance, in which she is taking part. She stopped by because she wanted to invite me to attend as her guest. I hope I can go. Sometime on Wednesday, we head to Moscow to catch the night train to Riga. It would be nice to fit both events in.

Shortly after saying good-bye to her, I was mugged by some of last semester's students, who all said they missed me and planted about 95 kisses on my cheek while hugging all the air out of my lungs.

Hooligans.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo. Been wondering when you'd post something new. I'm at SOS and need a break from the brain-washing. Shoot me an e-mail with your new e-mail address. I somehow lost it.

D

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home