Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Gentlewoman Caller



Sasha came to Vladimir this weekend. Catching a train from St. Petersburg to Moscow and then here, I met her at the train station and we ate lunch with friends at an Azerbaijani restaurant. Saturday night, we walked in the park and watched a traveling street performer wave fire around. There was something so reassuring and comfortable about having a family member in town. Her host family sent us apples from their dacha, and my host family had a huge dinner party. I discovered my host mother drinks after all, and had to do 2.5 vodka shots with her, though I'd avoided it so far this trip. Everyone had fun. On Sunday we went to the cathedral and for a long walk around town. The leaves are beautiful right now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My girls are so beautiful. I love you. mom

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, dear. I'm not sure how I like my photograph featuring up at the top of your site. :)

1:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOMEN VOTE!

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home